Rib Cook-Off Champion BBQ Ribs Recipe
Mary Stringini | The Queens Chronicle
Ingredients and Materials:
- Edged cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Hot mitts
- Trivet (unless your countertop is granite)
- Rufus Teague “Blazin’ Hot” BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Take your ribs out of the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes or until room temperature.
- Mix salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl to create rub.
- Spread the rub mixture generously over the entire surface of the ribs (back and front) and the edges of the rack.
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Place ribs on the foil and cover loosely (tent) to provide ventilation by pressing the foil around the edges.
- Bake in oven for three hours. The slower you bake the ribs, the more tender they will be. They are done when they are fork-tender, falling off the bone.
- Preheat the grill to medium (about 350 degrees).
- Remove from oven and slather with sauce.
- Grill ribs meat-side-up for about 30 minutes. Apply extra sauce and turn once to slightly crisp meat; avoid burning.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.