Apply to either prose and/or poetry, and let your imagination steer in any direction…
First lines hooks:
- I made it inside the house, what now?
- I wanted to tell him I loved him, one last time.
- The pencil was not worth stealing.
- “Interesting, the crystals appear to be growing inside the tissue.”
- Handkerchief: mysterious red stain, initials G.H. embroidered on one of the corners, abandoned in a gutter.
- Rose petal: shriveled up, laying on the ground on a dirty public bathroom. Who was it left for?
Scenes to build from:
- Art museum at night. Scary shadows, ominous sounds, windows looking out into stormy night. The janitor is missing.
- What if the sun turned off?
- What if you were the last person on earth?
- What if you grew a face out of your stomach?
- What if stupidity was contagious?
- What if goldfish were mythical creatures?
2018 Painting: The Flats by Lauren Cassidy